CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week face-to-face support group for people diagnosed with cancer who are receiving a form of active treatment (which may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment). This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
The cycle beginning in February is currently full. We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins June 2019. This group meets on Thursdays, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Alyson Erardy, LMSW at 212-712-8075 or email@example.com.