Our comprehensive services include case management, counseling and support groups over the phone, online and in-person, educational workshops, publications and financial and co-payment assistance. All CancerCare services are provided by master's-prepared oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
- CancerCare provided 209,454 services to people affected by cancer, serving clients with 96 different types of cancer in all 50 states.
- Our staff provided 30,930 hours of support through our Hopeline, individual counseling, support groups, community programs and more.
- CancerCare provided $48.7 million in financial assistance to 29,004 people for costs including transportation and practical needs.
- CancerCare welcomed 2.36 million visits to our websites, and users completed 69,020 searches in our Online Helping Hand to find practical and financial assistance.
- We distributed 1,273,864 print and digital publications to people living with cancer, caregivers, loved ones and health care professionals.
- Leading experts in oncology led 75 CancerCare Connect® Education Workshops, featuring 245 presentations from 130 faculty members and 98 partner organizations, drawing 66,596 participants.
- The Pet Assistance & Wellness (PAW) Program helped 617 clients keep their pet in the home.
- My Cancer CircleTM served 32,482 active users in 1,582 active caregiver communities.
To learn more, visit www.cancercare.org/services or call 800-813-HOPE (4673).