Our comprehensive services include case management, counseling and support groups over the phone, online and in-person, educational workshops, publications and financial and co-payment assistance. All CancerCare services are provided by master's-prepared oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
In our fiscal year ending June 30, 2021:
- CancerCare provided 186,614 services to people affected by cancer, serving clients with 102 different types of cancer in all 50 states.
- Our oncology social workers answered 49,092 calls to our Hopeline.
- Our staff provided 45,063 hours of emotional and practical support through our Hopeline, individual counseling, support groups, community programs and more.
- CancerCare provided $76.4 million in financial and co-payment assistance to 30,944 people for costs including transportation, practical needs and to pay for cancer medications.
- CancerCare welcomed 1.88 million visits to our websites, and users completed 55,812 searches in our Online Helping Hand to find practical and financial assistance.
- We distributed 807,344 print and digital publications to people living with cancer, caregivers, loved ones and health care professionals.
- Leading experts in oncology led 74 CancerCare Connect® Education Workshops, from 136 faculty members and 98 partner organizations, drawing 49,166 participants.
- The Pet Assistance & Wellness (PAW) Program helped 466 clients keep their pet in the home.
- My Cancer CircleTM served 40,916 active users in 2,012 active caregiver communities.
To learn more, visit www.cancercare.org/services or call 800-813-HOPE (4673).