Patricia J. Goldsmith
Chief Executive Officer
Patricia J. Goldsmith joined CancerCare in 2014 as Chief Executive Officer, overseeing the vision and direction of the organization. Ms. Goldsmith brings more than 20 years of nonprofit management and strategic planning experience to the role, and has a proven track record of success in hospital and physician academic organizations, as well as nongovernmental health care organizations. She previously served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). Prior to joining NCCN, Ms. Goldsmith was Vice President for Institutional Development, Public Affairs and Marketing at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute, the only Florida-based National Cancer Institute-Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Ms. Goldsmith has studied at the Pennsylvania State University, the University of Missouri Bloch School of Business and the Harvard School of Public Health.
Christine Verini, RPh
Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer
Christine Verini is Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer at CancerCare. In this role, Ms. Verini serves as a key member of CancerCare’s Executive Leadership Team with a primary focus on expanding existing and future mission-based programs and enhancing and building organizational support and collaborations. Ms. Verini is charged with overseeing daily operations and provides leadership to functional areas, including social services, human resources, finance, business development, information technology, facilities, financial assistance, education and communications. She develops and executes organizational strategies and business plans, evaluates and revise processes and procedures and serves as business partner to the CEO.
Ms. Verini most recently served as Vice President of Corporate Communications and Advocacy at Eisai. In this position, she oversaw the company’s internal and external communications functions; the strategic direction for corporate and brand media relations; as well as outreach to and relationships with patient advocacy and professional organizations.
Ms. Verini holds a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from St. John’s University and is a registered pharmacist by training. She has served on the Board of Directors of CancerCare New Jersey and is Chair of HealthyWomen, an independent health information organization that seeks to educate, inform and empower women to make smart health choices for themselves and their families. Ms. Verini also serves as Co-Chair of the Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance’s Awareness Task Force. In 2009, she received The Woman in Industry Award (TWIN) from the YWCA of Bergen County, which honors women who have achieved managerial, executive or professional positions and made noteworthy contributions to their industries. In 2014, Ms. Verini was recognized with an individual achievement award at CancerCare’s 26th Annual Festival of Hope Gala for her “compassion, concern and devotion in helping those living with cancer.” In 2019, Ms. Verini was named as PharmaVOICE Magazine’s 100 Most Inspiring People.
Lisa G. Kimbro, MBA, CPA
Senior Vice President/Chief Business Development and Alliance Officer
Lisa Kimbro leads expansion of existing relationships as well as development of new relationships with supporters and collaborators of CancerCare’s programs and services for cancer patients and their loved ones. She is charged with development of a number of the organization’s new and high profile initiatives such as its disaster recovery program and Pet Assistance & Wellness (PAW) program.
Ms. Kimbro most recently served as Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President at National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), where she was responsible for the organization’s finances, Best Practices program, and Products & Services (managed care) program and integrally involved in its medical education, strategic planning, and governance initiatives. Prior to joining NCCN, Ms. Kimbro was a Senior Manager for Ernst & Young Global in Paris, France. She has also held senior management positions in academic and community physician practices in the United States.
Ms. Kimbro holds an MBA degree from the University of South Florida’s Executive MBA program, a master’s degree in Central and European Studies from La Salle University, and a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Florida State University.
Executive Director of the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation
Michele McCourt is Executive Director of the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation. In this role, Ms. McCourt has overall operational responsibility for the development of the foundation. With more than 26 years of experience in patient services, she has overseen the implementation of dozens of national patient assistance and premium/co-payment assistance programs, and participated in the development of numerous patient access programs, notably in the Medicare Replacement Drug Program prior to the launch of Medicare’s Prescription Drug Program in 2006. Before joining CancerCare, Ms. McCourt served as Director of Patient Services for the National Organization of Rare Disorders (NORD).
Ellen Miller Sonet, MBA, JD
Senior Vice President/Chief Strategy and Policy Officer
Ellen Miller Sonet leads CancerCare’s strategic initiatives and national policy agenda. Before joining CancerCare, she served for nearly 17 years as Vice President of Marketing at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. While there, Ms. Sonet was an avid patient advocate who was devoted to understanding the complex nature of health care decision-making and the needs of people affected by cancer. Her work showed an unfaltering focus on clear and relevant communication that facilitated making informed health care choices and supported patients and families through their cancer experiences. Prior to her tenure at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Ms. Sonet worked in pharmaceutical marketing. She started her formal marketing career at J. Walter Thompson Advertising.
Ms. Sonet has a bachelor’s degree in political science from Brown University, and an MBA and J.D. from Boston University.
Senior Vice President/Chief Information Officer
Fernando Moraleda is Senior Vice President/Chief Information Officer at CancerCare, responsible for oversight of the organization’s technology operations as well as driving technology-related business strategy. Mr. Moraleda is charged with executing a full assessment of the organization’s databases and systems in order to unify business processes, transactions, patient services and data collection. Prior to joining CancerCare, Mr. Moraleda served as Lead .Net Application Developer with the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), overseeing the organization’s information technology systems, web applications, and databases. Previous to this role, Mr. Moraleda served as Senior Software Developer for Publicis Touchpoint Solutions, JPMorgan Chase and Nationwide Insurance.
Mr. Moraleda holds a law degree from The University of Castilla-La Mancha in Spain and a Bachelor in Science in Information Technology from DeVry University.
Janet Rodriguez, SHRM-CP
Director of Human Resources
Janet Rodriguez joined CancerCare in 1988. Ms. Rodriguez has over 10 years of progressive professional experience working as the Human Resources Generalist. In this role, Ms. Rodriguez’ responsibilities include employee labor relations, HRIS, recruitment, staffing, benefits administration, compensation reviews, on-boarding, training and development, policy implementation and employment law compliance.
Janet participates in a variety of professional organizations. She is an active member of many prominent HR organizations including the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) both on the national and local level and the Human Resources Professional Association of Nonprofit Organizations (HRPANO).
Ms. Rodriguez holds a Bachelor in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources from Lehman College – City University of New York.
Senior Vice President/Chief Financial and Compliance Officer
John Rutigliano directs all aspects of CancerCare’s financial functions including operational policies and procedures, budgeting and reporting, grants management, tax compliance and auditing, investments and co-payment assistance financial management. He is also responsible for the oversight of the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation’s compliance program. John works closely with the organization’s Human Resources, Information Technology and Facilities functions providing financial oversight and data integration support. Prior to joining CancerCare in 1999, he was Director of Finance and Administration for GMHC, a not-for-profit organization devoted to HIV/AIDS prevention, care and advocacy. A Certified Public Accountant, Mr. Rutigliano started his career at Deloitte.
Mr. Rutigliano holds a Bachelor of Science, cum laude, in accounting and international business from New York University.
Renee Taylor-Foles, MPA
Director of Grants Administration
Renee Taylor-Foles is the Director of Grants Administration at CancerCare. In this role, she leads the Grants Administration team to increase and diversify institutional revenue to support CancerCare’s varied programs and services for people affected by cancer.
Renee has over 20 years of fundraising experience, with a strong focus on corporate and foundation relations. Most recently, she served as the Organizational Advancement Partner at Urban Bush Women, where she developed institutional fundraising and individual donor strategies, as well as organizational branding strategies to advance the vision and mission of the performing arts organization. Earlier in her career, Renee spent nine years in progressive fundraising roles at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, which included raising funds for the Comprehensive Cancer Center. Renee has also held leadership roles at High Point University, Visiting Nurse Service of New York, Salem Academy and College, and Averett University.
She earned her B.S. in Biology from the College of William and Mary and her M.P.A. in Nonprofit Organizations from High Point University. A committed volunteer, she was a Big Sister with Big Brothers/Big Sisters for ten years, a co-founder of the Fondue Fund women’s giving circle, and a board of directors member of the Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem.
CancerCare Social Service Staff
- Cecilia Acosta, MSW, LSWOncology Social Worker
- Winfield Boerckel, MSW, MBA, LCSW-RDirector of Social Service, Long Island Office
- Lauren Bronstein, MSW, LMSWOncology Social Worker
- Angelique Caba, MSW, LCSW-RSenior Director of Social Work
- Christine Calafiore, MSW, LSWOncology Social Worker
- Kristy Case, MSW, LCSW, OSW-COnline Group Moderator
- Lauren Chatalian, MSW, LCSWWomen and Children’s Program Manager
- Stacy Chilton, MSW, LCSWOnline Group Moderator
- A.J. Cincotta-Eichenfield, MSW, LMSWCancer Out Loud Program Coordinator
- Shannon Coon, MSWOncology Social Worker
- Alyson Erardy, MSW, LMSWOncology Social Worker
- Lucia Fanjul, MSW, LMSWOncology Social Worker
- Laurie Feingold, MSW, LSWOncology Social Worker
- Charlotte Ference, MSW, LMSWOncology Social Worker
- Marissa Fors, MSW, LCSW, OSW-C, C-ASWCM, CCMDirector of Specialized Programs
- Samantha Fortune, MSW, LMSWOncology Social Worker
- William Goeren, MSW, LCSW-R, OSW-CGroup Moderator
- Mildre GonzalezLatino Outreach Worker
- Claire Grainger, MSW, LCSW-R, OSW-CClinical Supervisor
- Mary Hanley, MSW, LMSWOnline Support Group Program Coordinator
- Stephen Homsey, MSW, LCSWOnline Group Moderator
- Sara Grisales Jaramillo, MSWOncology Social Worker
- Sarah Kelly, MSW, LCSW-RDirector of Social Work Training
- Marlee Kiel, MSW, LCSWYoung Adult Program Manager
- Jennifer LaPietra, MSW, LMSWOnline Group Moderator
- Leeann Medina-Martinez, MSW, LMSWOncology Social Worker
- Nicole Molfetas, MSW, LSWOncology Social Worker
- Maryrose Mongelli, MSW, LMSWOnline Group Moderator
- Ahuva Morris, MSW, LCSWOnline Group Moderator
- Allison Moskowitz, MSW, LMSWOncology Social Worker
- Allison Nilsen, MSW, LCSWOnline Group Moderator
- Concetta Nono, MSW, LCSWOncology Social Worker
- Kathleen Nugent, MSW, LCSWDirector of Regional Programs
- Rachel Odo, MSW, LCSW-ROnline Group Moderator
- Ariana ParmeseOperations Manager of Regional Programs
- Sarah Paul, MSW, LCSW, OSW-CDirector of Clinical Programs
- Tonya PottsSenior Program Operations Manager
- Victoria Puzo, MSW, LCSWClinical Supervisor and Online Support Group Program Director
- Danielle Saff, MSW, LMSWOncology Social Worker
- Sandra SanchezDirector of Clinical Operations
- Paige Soleimani, MSW, LMSWOncology Social Worker
- Cassie Spector, MSW, LSW, LMSWOncology Social Worker
- Sarah Tennenhaus, MSW, LMSWOncology Social Worker
Principal Communications Staff
- Kristine FuangtharnthipDirector of Communications
- Amanda ShlosbergAssociate Director of Communications
- Eric WojcikEditorial Manager
- Jacqueline Zahora, LCSW-RDirector of Web and Online Resources
Principal Development Staff
- Rachel CiborowskiAssociate Director of Individual Giving
- Eunice E. HongDirector of Philanthropy
- Erica LebensbergDirector of Special Events and Direct Response
- Keith MichonDirector of Corporate Relations/Engagement
- Jazmin TiradoSenior Manager of Individual Giving
Principal Education Staff
- Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW, LCSW-RDirector of Education and Training
- Lorena Tan WangEducation Program Manager
- Dawn ZadorSenior Education Program Manager
Principal Finance and Administration Staff
- Ricardo HernandezController
- Anthony MurphyDirector of Facilities and Mail Operations
- Hector PerezDirector of Information Technology
Principal Financial Assistance Staff
- Vilmarie Rodriguez, MSW, LCSWSenior Director of Patient Assistance Programs
- Bennie Speaks-Tanner, Jr.Associate Director of the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation
- Laura TalaveraQuality Assurance Manager of the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation
CancerCare’s Board of Trustees contributes knowledge, resources and expertise to the organization.
Mr. Parisi is Chief Executive Officer at Guidemark Health. For more than two decades, he has been at the forefront of the global health care marketing arena with an intense focus on oncology. He is a longtime supporter of CancerCare and its mission.
- Andrew C. Pizzo
Executive Vice PresidentOwner & President, Collection XIIX, Ltd.
- Susan Smirnoff
SecretaryHealthcare Communications & Public Relations Consultant
- Loretta Moseman
TreasurerRetired, Citi Deputy Treasurer/CBNA Treasurer, Citibank NA Treasury
- Seynabou BaSenior VP, Capital Markets/Syndicate, Blaylock Van, LLC
- Janet Dewart BellCommunications and Policy Consultant
- Margaret R. Diaz-Cruz, LMSWRetired, Director, Stipendiary Program, Isaac H. Tuttle Fund
- John N. Evans, CPARetired, Partner, Marks Paneth & Shron LLP
- Stephen M. FieldsPartner, Corporate Department, Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP
- Flavio FigueiredoHead of Americas Corporate Sales and Solutions, Citi Markets
- Renata Esper Figueiredo
- Paul M. FriedmanRetired, Guggenheim Securities LLC
- Christine Converse HoganCIO Advisor, Zoom
- Patti Fine JewellSenior Director, Patient Advocacy, Pfizer Inc
- Kris JohnsonExecutive Assistant, Mary Kay, Inc.
- John W. KeatingCorporate Vice President and Head of Commercial, Genmab
- Alton (Josh) B. Kremer, MD, PhDRetired, Chief Clinical Officer and Chief Medical Officer of the Oncology Business Group, Eisai
- J. Leonard Lichtenfeld, MD, MACPFormer Deputy Chief Medical Officer, American Cancer Society
- Michael R. Morrone, CPA, CMA, MSTDirector of Corporate Tax, Horizon Healthcare Services, Inc.
- Marsha J. Palanci
- William C. PelsterRetired Attorney
- Dorothy Schachne
- Harvey ShapiroManaging Partner, Sargoy, Stein, Rosen & Shapiro
- Wayne M. Sichel, RPH, JDRetired, Head of U.S. Federal Policy, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Walter M. Steppacher IVRetired, Managing Director, JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Joanne M. Vanak, MSN, BSNRetired, Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Craig VosburgPresident, North America, Mastercard