Oncology social workers are licensed professionals who provide emotional support and help people affected by cancer access practical assistance.
Oncology social workers provide individual counseling, lead support groups, locate services that help with home care or transportation, and guide people through the process of applying for Social Security disability or other forms of assistance. CancerCare’s oncology social workers are available to help face-to-face, online or on the telephone, free of charge.
Our oncology social workers can help you:
- Better understand cancer and its treatment
- Learn new ways to cope with cancer
- Manage emotions such as anxiety or sadness
- Improve communication with your health care team
- Talk to your family about cancer
- Find reliable information
- Find useful resources in your community
- Manage financial challenges
Counseling for people with cancer, caregivers and loved ones is available over the telephone no matter where you live in the U.S. or in person at our offices in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
Call 800‑813‑HOPE (4673); or email us at email@example.com.