CancerCare is offering a free, 8-week biweekly live support group for people in New York in their 20s and 30s who have completed treatment within the last 18 months. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living through post-treatment survivorship.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins February 28, 2024. This group meets biweekly for eight sessions on Wednesdays from 5:30 -7 p.m. ET. The group is open to New York residents only.
This cycle of this support group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Sara Grisales Jaramillo, LMSW, at 212-712-8355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.