CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for people in their 20s and 30s in New York and New Jersey who have experienced the loss of a parent due to cancer in the last 18 months. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of grief and loss.
- Provide cancer-focused bereavement support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
Unfortunately, the current cycle of this group is full. The next group cycle will begin in February 2020. The group meets on Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
For more information call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Lauren Brailey, LMSW, at 212-712-8421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.