CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for people in their 20s and 30s in New York who have experienced the loss of a parent due to cancer in the last 18 months. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of grief and loss.
- Provide cancer-focused bereavement support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins October 26, 2021. The group meets on Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
For more information call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Allison Moskowitz, LMSW, at 212-712-8093 or firstname.lastname@example.org.