CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for people in their 20s and 30s in New York who have experienced the loss of a parent due to cancer in the last 18 months. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of grief and loss.
- Provide cancer-focused bereavement support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for two group sections, beginning in June.
One section meets on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 7 p.m. ET and will begin on June 13, 2023. The other section meets on Wednesdays, from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. ET and will begin on June 14, 2023.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
For more information on the Tuesday evening section call Shannon Coon, LMSW, at 212-712-8423 or email email@example.com.
For the Wednesday afternoon section, call Allison Moskowitz Duggan, LCSW, at 212-712-8093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673).