CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for people in New York caring for a loved one with cancer. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of caregiving.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
This group meets weekly on Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET. The October 2023 cycle is currently at capacity. The February 2024 cycle is open for registration. Please call CancerCare’s Hopeline to speak with a social worker and register for the February 2024 cycle at 800-813-HOPE (4673).
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact Dina Smith, LMSW, at 516-740-8622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.