CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week telephone support group for people in New York diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer who are receiving a form of active treatment (which may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment). This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a metastatic breast cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
The group meets on Wednesdays at 12:00 p.m. EST. The current cycle of this group is full.
Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Rachel Barnhart, MSW, Oncology Social Worker, at 212-712-6124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.