CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week telephone support group for people diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer who are receiving a form of active treatment (which may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment). This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a metastatic breast cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
The current cycle of this group is full. We are recruiting for our next group cycle which begins June 2020. The group meets on Mondays at 3:00 p.m. EST.
Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Rachel Barnhart, MSW, Oncology Social Worker, at 212-712-6124 or email@example.com.