Q. My grandmother has been diagnosed with cancer in two different areas, and my grandparents are on a limited income. I was wondering if she could receive help with the cost of cancer treatments?
There are many financial assistance programs available to help with the cost of cancer treatments. Financial assistance programs in general have specific eligibility criteria that need to be met in order to qualify. It is important to have the following information available when seeking assistance: primary cancer diagnosis, number of people in the household, annual household income, insurance type and the name of the treatments prescribed. Organizations such as CancerCare can help by providing resources locally and nationally through our online Helping Hand Resource guide available at https://www.cancercare.org/helpinghand or by speaking with one of our oncology social workers at 800-813-HOPE (4673).
Here’s a list of co-payment assistance organizations that do provide financial assistance with costs associated with co-payments and coinsurance for treatment related expenses.
- CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation: www.cancercare.org/copayfoundation, 866-552-6729
- Good Days: www.mygooddays.org, 877-968-7233
- HealthWell Foundation: www.healthwellfoundation.org, 800-675-8416
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Co-Payment Assistance Program: www.lls.org, 877-557-2672
- Patient Access Network (PAN) Foundation: www.panfoundation.org, 866-316-7263
- Patient Advocate Foundation Co-Payment Relief: www.copays.org, 866-512-3861
- Patient Services Incorporated: www.patientservicesinc.org, 800-366-7741
- The Assistance Fund: www.tafcares.org, 855-845-3663
Ask a Question
Do you have a question regarding Co-Payment Assistance? We invite you to use the space below to Ask CancerCare®. If you have questions about any other topic, please email email@example.com
Questions are submitted anonymously, and responses to selected questions will be posted on this page. Please note that not all questions can be answered, but if you would like to be contacted regarding your specific question, please submit your name and email address.