Founded in 1944, CancerCare® is the leading national organization providing free, professional support services and information to help people manage the emotional, practical and financial challenges of cancer. Our comprehensive services include counseling and support groups over the phone, online and in-person, educational workshops, publications and financial and co-payment assistance. All CancerCare services are provided by oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
- Our programs and services helped 174,600 people affected by cancer, and we welcomed over 2.4 million visits to our websites.
- Our professional oncology social workers provided emotional and practical support to 79,842 people through our Hopeline, individual counseling, support groups and community programs.
- CancerCare provided $39.7 million in financial assistance to 24,767 people to help with treatment-related costs such as transportation, home care, child care and co-payment assistance.
- Leading experts in oncology led 71 Connect Education Workshops, featuring 123 faculty members and 97 partner organizations, drawing 70,067 participants.
- CancerCare distributed 1,225,895 print and digital publications to health care professionals, patients and caregivers.
- MyCancerCircle™ served 36,557 active users in 1,715 active caregiver communities.
- Users completed 59,581 searches in our Online Helping Hand to find practical and financial assistance locally and nationwide.
To learn more, visit www.cancercare.org or call 800-813-HOPE (4673).
CancerCare® is the leading national organization dedicated to providing free, professional support services including counseling, support groups, educational workshops, publications and financial assistance to anyone affected by cancer. All CancerCare services are provided by oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
Connect With Us
Magnolia Meals at Home
This is a meal delivery program that aims to help people with cancer by providing nourishing meals to households affected by cancer. The program is currently available in and around Woodcliff Lake, NJ and Andover, MA, Raleigh-Durham, NC and New Haven, CT (as well areas in New York, New Hampshire and Boston, MA). Eligible participants will receive up to two months of home meal deliveries, each of which will include ten meals that are designed to help meet the nutritional needs of people living with cancer, and up to ten additional meals for their family members, if requested.
For more information please visit magnoliamealsathome.com or contact Kathy Nugent, LCSW at 800-813-4673, ext. 6809
Free Wigs Available
CancerCare in partnership with local cancer centers and community organizations in Connecticut is offering free wig clinics once a month to area cancer patients. To register for a free consultation and fitting, please call:
- Smilow Cancer Center at Greenwich Hospital in CT (203-863-3560)
- Bennett Cancer Center at Stamford Hospital in CT (203-276-4059)
- Smilow Breast Center at Norwalk Hospital in CT (203-663-2188)
- Ann's Place in Danbury, CT (203-790-6568)
- Sister's & Journey in New Haven, CT (203-663-2188)
- Madre Latina Inc. in Waterbury, CT (203-663-2188)
There are currently no upcoming events on the calendar. Check back soon!