Founded in 1944, CancerCare® is the leading national organization providing free, professional support services and information to help people manage the emotional, practical and financial challenges of cancer. Our comprehensive services include counseling and support groups over the phone, online and in-person, educational workshops, publications and financial and co-payment assistance. All CancerCare services are provided by oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
- Our programs and services helped 195,000 people affected by cancer, and we welcomed 2.1 million visits to our websites.
- Our professional oncology social workers provided emotional and practical support to 93,577 people through our Hopeline, individual counseling, support group and community programs.
- CancerCare provided $26.4 million in financial assistance to 24,516 people to help with treatment-related costs such as transportation, home care, child care and co-payment assistance.
- Leading experts in oncology led 69 Connect Education Workshops, featuring 127 faculty members and 95 partner organizations, drawing 76,914 participants.
- CancerCare distributed 792,953 print and digital publications to health care professionals, patients and caregivers.
- MyCancerCircle™ served 40,089 active users in 3,019 active caregiver communities.
- Online Helping Hand served 12,699 people affected by cancer conducting 20,000 searches.
To learn more, visit www.cancercare.org or call 800-813-HOPE (4673).
CancerCare® is the leading national organization dedicated to providing free, professional support services including counseling, support groups, educational workshops, publications and financial assistance to anyone affected by cancer. All CancerCare services are provided by oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
Connect With Us
Magnolia Meals at Home
This is a meal delivery program that aims to help patients by providing nourishing meals to households affected by breast cancer, thyroid, kidney and soft tissue sarcoma. The program is currently available in and around Woodcliff Lake, NJ and Andover, MA (as well as specific locations in New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire and Boston), and Raleigh-Durham. Eligible participants will receive up to two months of home meal deliveries, each of which will include ten meals that are designed to help meet the nutritional needs of people living with breast cancer, thyroid cancer, kidney cancer and soft tissue cancer sarcoma, and up to ten additional meals for their family members, if requested by the participant. For more information please visit magnoliamealsathome.com or contact Kathy Nugent, LCSW at 800-813-4673, ext. 6809
There are currently no upcoming events on the calendar. Check back soon!
Board of Managers
- David Pearlstone, MD
- Charles Collier
- John DeMelis
- Diane Pincus
- Clifford Stober
- Cris Alvacedo
- Kathy DiGiovanna
- Richard H. Raphael
- Jan Schaefer
- Beth Thompson
- Josh Witkin
- Richard Zelkowitz, MD
- Charles Ellis
- Michael Fishoff
- Brendan M. Kerrigan