Founded in 1944, CancerCare® is the leading national organization providing free, professional support services and information to help people manage the emotional, practical and financial challenges of cancer. Our comprehensive services include counseling and support groups over the phone, online and in-person, educational workshops, publications and financial and co-payment assistance. All CancerCare services are provided by oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
- Our programs and services helped 186,700 people affected by cancer, and we welcomed over 2 million visits to our websites.
- Our professional oncology social workers provided emotional and practical support to 92,234 people through our Hopeline, individual counseling, support group and community programs.
- CancerCare provided $41.1 million in financial assistance to 25,499 people to help with treatment-related costs such as transportation, home care, child care and co-payment assistance.
- Leading experts in oncology led 68 Connect Education Workshops, featuring 211 faculty members and 93 partner organizations, drawing 68,979 participants.
- CancerCare distributed 1,126,761 print and digital publications to health care professionals, patients and caregivers.
- MyCancerCircle™ served 36,045 active users in 2,932 active caregiver communities.
- Online Helping Hand served 21,973 people affected by cancer conducting 37,761 searches.
To learn more, visit www.cancercare.org or call 800-813-HOPE (4673).
CancerCare’s Long Island office was opened in 1978 to ensure that Long Island residents have full access to all CancerCare services. We are generously supported by United Way of Long Island.
CancerCare® is the leading national organization dedicated to providing free, professional support services including counseling, support groups, educational workshops, publications and financial assistance to anyone affected by cancer. All CancerCare services are provided by oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
Connect With Us
Face-to-Face Support Groups in Long Island
This face-to-face support group can give you an opportunity to share your experiences, concerns, and fears in a safe, supportive environment. We will explore various coping skills to help deal with the illness. Wednesdays from 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Pre-registration is required.
If you are interested in joining this group, please contact 516‑740-8620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.