CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week face-to-face support group for young adults between the ages of 20 and 39 in New York caring for a loved one with cancer. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of caregiving as a young adult.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are recruiting for our next group cycle which begins October 8. This group will meet on Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
The October cycle of this support group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call-in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Mary Hanley, LMSW, at 212-712-6129 or email@example.com.