CancerCare is offering a free, live support group for men diagnosed with cancer in New York who are receiving a form of active treatment or who have completed treatment in the last 18 months. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins in February 2024. This support group meets bi-weekly on Mondays from 5:30–7 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
For more information or to register, please contact Jonathan Morrison, LMSW, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516-740-8621.