CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week face-to-face support group for young adults between the ages of 20 and 39 diagnosed with cancer who have completed their treatment for cancer. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with post treatment survivorship as a young adult.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins February 2019. This group meets on Mondays, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Lucia Fanjul, LMSW at 212-712-6175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.