CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week face-to-face support group for young adults living in New York State, between the ages of 20 and 39 who have been diagnosed with cancer and who have completed their treatment within the last 18 months. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with post treatment survivorship as a young adult.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins June 2020. This group meets on Mondays, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST.
The June cycle of this support group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call-in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Charlotte Ference, LMSW, at 212-712-6147 or firstname.lastname@example.org.