CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week face-to-face support group for young adults between the ages of 20 and 39 diagnosed with cancer who have completed their treatment for cancer within the last 18 months. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with post treatment survivorship as a young adult.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins June 2019. This group meets on Tuesdays, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Lucia Fanjul, LMSW at 212-712-6175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.