CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for gay male cancer survivors in New York who are 40 years of age and over. This group is a partnership between CancerCare and SAGE. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
SAGE (Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders) is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. SAGE houses an innovative senior center for LGBT older adults that offers a range of health management and other programs, including support groups, case management, caregiving support and friendly visiting.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle, which begins October 15, 2020. This group meets on Thursdays from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact Bill Goeren, LCSW-R, at 212-712-6141 or email@example.com.