CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week face-to-face support group for gay men cancer survivors who are 50 years old or over. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
This group is a partnership between CancerCare and SAGE (Services & Advocacy for LGBT Elders). SAGE is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBT older adults and their caregivers.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins January 2019. This group meets on Thursdays, from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Bill Goeren, LCSW at 212-712-6141 or email@example.com.