CancerCare is offering a free, 8 session, biweekly face-to-face support group for young adults between the ages of 20 and 39 diagnosed with cancer who are receiving a form of active treatment (which may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment). This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis as a young adult.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins February 2019. This group meets on Thursdays, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. To learn more or to register, please contact Marlee Kiel, LMSW at 212-712-8029 or firstname.lastname@example.org.