CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week telephone support group for male veterans diagnosed with cancer and are receiving a form of active treatment, or have completed treatment within the past 18 months. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis as a veteran.
This telephone support group is open to those who reside or receive treatment in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut. Treatment may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment. This group is led by a professional oncology social worker and will run for twelve weeks.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
The next cycle of this group is open for pre-registration and will begin in October 2019. This group meets on Tuesdays from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. EST.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or A.J. Cincotta-Eichenfield, LMSW at 212-712-8071 or email@example.com