CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week face-to-face support group for older adults (65+) diagnosed with cancer who are receiving a form of active treatment (which may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment). This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins October 15, 2019. This group meets on Tuesdays from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EST.
Space is limited and registration is required. Please contact Danielle Saff, LMSW at 212-712-8037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.