CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week face-to-face support group for older adults (65+) diagnosed with cancer in New York who are receiving a form of active treatment (which may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment). This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
This group is currently closed. We are recruiting for our next group cycle which begins in Fall 2020. This group meets on Tuesdays from 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. ET.
Space is limited and registration is required. Please contact Danielle Saff, LMSW at 212-712-8037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.