CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week face-to-face support group for older adults (65+) diagnosed with cancer who are receiving a form of active treatment (which may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment). This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
The support group cycle beginning in June 2019 is currently full. If you would like to join the waiting list, please contact the group moderator at 212-712-8037. This group takes place on Tuesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EST.
Space is limited and registration is required. Please contact Danielle Saff, LMSW at 212-712-8037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.