CancerCare is offering a 15-week online support group for people diagnosed with prostate cancer who are currently receiving treatment. This group is co-sponsored by the National Alliance of State Prostate Cancer Coalitions (NASPCC). In this group led by an oncology social worker, patients give support to each other and share resources and information. Online support groups take place using a password-protected message board format (not live chat or video conference).
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Helps you learn new ways of coping
- Increases feelings of hope and empowerment
- Provides you with practical information about treatment and resources
- Helps you communicate better with your medical team and loved ones
To join this group, you will need to complete our online registration process. After joining this password-protected group, you can read and post messages 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
At this time, CancerCare’s online support groups are only available to people residing within the United States (including Puerto Rico and U.S. territories).
Wednesday, June 1, 2022
(Group accepts new members after start date.)