CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for people diagnosed with cancer in New York who are receiving a form of active treatment (which may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment). This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle, which begins October 20, 2020. This support group meets on Tuesdays from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact Allison Moskowitz, LMSW, at 212-712-8093 or email@example.com.