CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for gay men diagnosed with cancer in New York who are receiving a form of active treatment or who have completed treatment. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
Unfortunately, the current cycle of this group is full. This group meets on Thursdays from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact Bill Goeren, LCSW-R, at 212-712-6141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.