How We Can Help
During this challenging time, we want to highlight resources that could help support you and your loved ones. We've compiled CancerCare services and resources below, as well as reputable organizations for additional information.
Get Support Through Our Hopeline: 800-813-HOPE (4673)
Speak with our master’s-prepared oncology social workers who will provide support and resources to help you better cope with cancer, social distancing and the effects of the coronavirus.
CancerCare Hopeline Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST
Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST
Join a Support Group
Support groups provide a meaningful way to connect with others while practicing social distancing.
We offer online support groups led by oncology social workers. These groups meet through a password-protected message board platform. To join a group, you will need to complete our online registration process. Our online support groups are available to people residing within the United States (including Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories).
We also offer telephone and virtual support groups that are available to people in various locations. Please see our list for specific geographic requirements.
View all of our support groups »
Listen to Our COVID-19 Workshops
The New Coronavirus (COVID-19): Guidelines for People Coping with Cancer (Mar 30, 2020
The New Coronavirus (COVID-19): Updated Guidelines for People Coping with Cancer (Apr 20, 2020)
The New Coronavirus (COVID-19): Emerging Guidelines for People Living & Coping with Cancer (June 15, 2020)
What We Now Know about COVID-19: Revised Guidelines for People Living with Cancer (Nov 16, 2020)
Read Our Publications About Coronavirus and COVID-19
These are challenging times, and it’s understandable to be anxious. We’ve developed new fact sheets to help you better cope:
- Coronavirus and COVID-19: What You Need to Know
- Caregiving and the Coronavirus
- Coping With Anxiety About the Coronavirus
- Managing the Emotional Impacts of Social Distancing
- Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team About the Coronavirus and COVID-19
- Talking With Children About the Coronavirus
- Managing the Practical Concerns of Social Distancing
- Coronavirus Concerns for Older Adults
- For Health Care Professionals: Coping With Stress and Anxiety
- Telemedicine: What You Need to Know
- Coronavirus y COVID-19: lo que necesita saber
- Preguntas para su equipo de atención médica sobre el coronavirus y COVID-19
- Provisión de cuidados y coronavirus
View all publications »
Listen to Our Podcast Miniseries
We are featuring a five-part miniseries on our podcast, Cancer Out Loud, about the impact of the coronavirus and COVID-19 on the cancer community. With tips from our oncology social workers, the miniseries will cover a wide range of related topics including mindfulness, speaking with your children about the pandemic and social distancing.
Listen on our website or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify and more.
View all Cancer Out Loud episodes »
Learn About Our Advocacy Efforts
Our advocacy efforts support and improve the lives of people affected by cancer and their loved ones. We are collaborating with many other cancer-related advocacy organizations to ensure that patients and caregivers who are affected by COVID-19 have their needs met.
Learn more »
- American Cancer Society's Common Questions About the New Coronavirus Outbreak
- American Society for Clinical Oncology (ASCO)'s Coronavirus Resources
- Cancer.net's Common Questions About COVID-19 and Cancer: Answers for Patients and Survivors
- Cancer.net's Coronavirus and COVID-19: What People With Cancer Need to Know
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)'s Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- CDC's Staying Well While Staying at Home: A Guide for Cancer Patients and Their Caregivers and Family
- Department of Health & Human Services (HHS)'s Combat COVID website
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)'s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)'s Coronavirus: What People with Cancer Should Know
- World Health Organization (WHO)'s Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Advice for the Public
- Be The Match COVID-19 Financial Relief
- Colorectal Cancer Alliance Crisis Financial Assistance Fund
- Family Reach COVID-19 Emergency Fund
- Good Days COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)'s Urgent Need Program
- Lymphoma Research Foundation's COVID-19 Financial Assistance Grant
- National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)'s COVID-19 Critical Relief Program
- PAN Foundation's COVID-19 Treatment and Prevention Fund (waitlist)
- Patient Advocate Foundation's COVID-19 Resources
- The Assistance Fund's COVID-19 Health Insurance Assistance Program
- The Pink Fund's COVID-19 Real Help Now Fund