Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Cancer Survivorship, in the Context of COVID-19
- Managing Post Treatment Side Effects/Late Effects
- Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Fear of Recurrence
- Finding Your New Normal
- The Importance of Treatment Summaries
- Follow-Up with Your Oncologist and Primary Care Doctor, including Discussion of Health Screening & Concerns
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth & Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/ Telemedicine Appointment, including Technology & List of Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Julia Rowland, PhD, FAPOS
Senior Strategic Advisor, Smith Center for Healing and the Arts
Deborah K. Mayer, PhD, RN, AOCN, FAAN
Director of Cancer Survivorship, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Frances Hill Fox Distinguished Professor, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU). To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(77.1 KB)