CancerCare is offering a free, 12 week face-to-face support group for young adults in New York State between the ages of 20 and 39 who have experienced the loss of a parent due to cancer. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of grief and loss as a young adult.
- Provide cancer-focused bereavement support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
This group is currently recruiting. The next group will begin in October 2020. This group meets on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:00 p.m. EST.
Due to COVID-19 concerns, the October cycle of this support group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call-in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Lauren Brailey, LMSW at 212-712-8421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.