CancerCare is offering a free, 12 week face-to-face support group for young adults between the ages of 20 and 39 who have experienced the loss of a parent due to cancer. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of grief and loss as a young adult.
- Provide cancer-focused bereavement support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
The current cycle of this group is full. This group meets on Wednesdays, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or A.J. Cincotta-Eichenfield, LMSW at 212-712-8071 or firstname.lastname@example.org.