CancerCare is offering a free, 12 week face-to-face support group for young adults between the ages of 20 and 39 who have experienced the loss of a parent due to cancer. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of grief and loss as a young adult.
- Provide cancer-focused bereavement support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
The current cycle of this group is full, but prospective members can be added to our waitlist. This group meets on Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Lauren Brailey, LMSW at 212-712-8421 or email@example.com.