CancerCare is offering a free, 12 week face-to-face support group for young adults in New York between the ages of 20 and 39 who have experienced the loss of a parent due to cancer. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of grief and loss as a young adult.
- Provide cancer-focused bereavement support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
This group is currently closed to new members. The next cycle of this group will begin in Fall 2020. This group meets on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:00 p.m. EST.
Due to COVID-19 concerns, the June cycle of this support group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call-in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Lauren Brailey, LMSW at 212-712-8421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.