CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week face-to-face support group for people in New York caring for a loved one with cancer. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of caregiving.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
This group is now closed. The next cycle will begin in October 2020. This group meets on Mondays. The October cycle of this support group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call-in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or Leeann Medina-Martinez, LMSW at 212-712-6127 or email@example.com.