To apply for financial assistance, please call us at 800-813-HOPE (4673). You can also learn more about the application process.
CancerCare® is grateful to all of our funders and the assistance programs they have made possible, including:
- Limited financial assistance for breast cancer patients to help with home care, child care and transportation costs. A program in partnership with the Avon Foundation for Women.
- Komen Treatment Assistance Fund
- Limited financial assistance for breast cancer patients for transportation to and from treatment; lymphedema care and supplies; oral pain and anti- nausea medication; oral chemotherapy/hormone therapy; child care/elder care; palliative care and other home care; and durable medical equipment. Funding for this program generously provided by Susan G. Komen®.
- Touching Hearts Program
- Limited financial assistance for women with cancer for home care, child care, transportation and pain medication. Funded by the Mary Kay Ash Charitable Foundation.
- Programs for New York City and the Tri-State Area: New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
- Special Disbursement Program for Indigent New Yorkers
- Financial assistance for home care, child care and transportation, pain and anti-nausea medication, chemotherapy and radiation co-pays and other radiological imaging techniques. Program is restricted to residents of the five boroughs of New York City and is funded by a grant from the New York Community Trust.
- Financial Assistance for Rehabilitation Equipment and Supplies
- Financial assistance for rehabilitation equipment and durable medical equipment. Grants may be applied toward but not limited to items such as nutritional support, lymphedema supplies, ostomy supplies, prosthetic devices, oxygen and durable equipment ordered by a physician. This program is restricted to residents of the New York Metropolitan area and suburbs, New Jersey and Connecticut and is funded by a grant from the Helen Hoffritz Charitable Trust.
- Ocular Cancer Financial Support Program
- Financial assistance for people with ocular cancers or any cancers that severely impact on vision. Grants may be applied toward the costs of transportation, home care, child care, treatment expenses, prescription medications, prosthetic devices and genetic counseling. The program is restricted to residents of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut and is funded by a grant from the Lavelle Foundation for the Blind.
- Mid-Hudson Valley Financial Assistance Program
- Financial assistance program to help patients living in Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, Greene, Orange, Ulster, Sullivan and Delaware Counties in New York state. Grants may be applied toward the cost of transportation to treatment, home care, child care, housekeeping, pet care, treatment expenses, co-pays, prescription medication and medical equipment. The program is restricted to individuals who meet eligibility guidelines of 600% of the Federal Poverty Limit, and is funded by the Amy P. Goldman Foundation, the Dyson Foundation and other donors.