Our Financial Assistance Program includes:
Financial Assistance for COVID-19
Due to unprecedented demand for financial assistance, CancerCare is unable to accept any additional applications for our COVID-19 fund. We are actively seeking additional support so that we can reopen our COVID-19 fund as quickly as possible.
Transportation, home care and child care
- Men with any cancer diagnosis
- Men, women and children with all diagnoses in New York City
- Men with all diagnoses in New Jersey and Connecticut
- Learn more about expanded services in the Tri-State area
Transportation (air and car) and lodging
- Men and women with mesothelioma (learn more)
Pet Assistance and Wellness
- *This fund is currently closed. People with cancer who have a cat or dog. Learn more about our Pet Assistance & Wellness (PAW) Program »
As a nonprofit organization, funding depends on the sources of support we receive at any given time. If we do not currently have funding to assist you, our professional oncology social workers will always work to refer you to other financial assistance resources. Please check our website periodically for funding updates.
In order to be eligible for financial assistance you must:
- have a diagnosis of cancer confirmed by an oncology health care provider
- be in active treatment for your cancer
- live in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
- meet our eligibility guidelines based on the Federal Poverty Limit
Steps for Applying
Call 800-813-HOPE (4673) and speak with a CancerCare social worker
to complete a brief interview. We can be reached from 10 a.m.–6 p.m. (ET) Monday through Thursday, and 10 a.m.–5 p.m. (ET) on Friday.
If you are eligible to apply, we will:
- mail/email you an individualized bar coded application
- request documentation to verify your income. Acceptable proof of income:
- The first two pages of signed income tax return (you may blacken out your social security number)
- If you do not file a tax return, you may submit a copy of your most recent pay stub, unemployment check, or SSI, SSD, or public assistance benefit notification
- If you do not have any income, provide a letter of support from friend or family member
You must submit a completed application. Please:
- print clearly—illegible applications cannot be processed
- fill in each blank space in the application. Use “no”, “none”, or “0” as appropriate—do not leave any blank responses
- have an oncology health care provider complete all sections of the Medical Information Section and provide a signature and date. You cannot complete this section.
- make sure you use the correct CancerCare address - email or fax number listed on the application
CancerCare’s booklet Managing the Cost of Cancer
This booklet provides helpful tips for talking with your health care team about the costs of cancer care and includes resources to assist you in financial planning before, during and after treatment.
A Helping Hand Searchable Resource Database
A comprehensive online tool featuring the most up-to-date contact information and descriptions for hundreds of national and regional organizations offering financial and practical help to people with cancer.