Funding is currently available for:

Puerto Rico Hurricane Cancer Patient Assistance Fund

  • Assistance is available for men, women and children with all diagnoses from Puerto Rico. Grants for transportation, medical expenses and other needs related to the hurricane. Call 800-813-4673 to apply.

Transportation, home care and child care

  • Women with all diagnoses
  • Children with all diagnoses
  • Men and women with breast cancer
  • Men and women with metastatic melanoma (transportation only)
  • Men, women and children with all diagnoses in New York City, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Dutchess, Putnam, Columbia, Greene, Orange, Ulster, Sullivan and Delaware Counties in New York State, New Jersey and Connecticut. Learn more about expanded services in the Tri-State area.

Pain and anti-nausea medication, oral hormonal medication, lymphedema supplies and durable medical equipment

  • Women and men with breast cancer

As a nonprofit organization, funding depends on the sources of support we receive at any given time. If we do not currently have funding to assist you, our professional oncology social workers will always work to refer you to other financial assistance resources. Please check our website periodically for funding updates.


In order to be eligible for financial assistance you must:

  • have a diagnosis of cancer confirmed by an oncology health care provider
  • be in active treatment for your cancer
  • live in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
  • meet our eligibility guidelines based on the Federal Poverty Limit

Steps for Applying

1. Call 800-813-HOPE (4673) and speak with a CancerCare® social worker

to complete a brief interview. We can be reached from 9 a.m.–7 p.m. (ET) Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (ET) on Friday.

2. If you are eligible to apply, we will:

  • mail/email you an individualized bar coded application
  • request documentation to verify your income (view acceptable proof of income documents)
    Acceptable proof of income
    • The first two pages of signed income tax return (you may blacken out your social security number)
    • If you do not file a tax return, you may submit a copy of your most recent pay stub, unemployment check, or SSI, SSD, or public assistance benefit notification
    • If you do not have any income, provide a letter of support from friend or family member

3. You must submit a completed application. Please:

  • print clearly—illegible applications cannot be processed
  • fill in each blank space in the application. Use “no”, “none”, or “0” as appropriate—do not leave any blank responses
  • have a medical oncology health care provider complete all sections of the Medical Information Section and provide a signature and date. You cannot complete this section.
  • make sure you use the correct CancerCare mailing address - regular mail, email or fax number listed on the application

Please note: CancerCare’s financial assistance does not cover basic living expenses such as rent, mortgages, utility payments, or food.

Learn more about our assistance programs

Additional Resources

Back to Top