Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, March 16, 2022, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Your Health Care Team: Who Are the Members of Your Health Care Team
- The Importance of Communication, in the Context of COVID-19 & Its Variants
- Emerging Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments to Decrease Your Exposure to COVID-19
- Tips to Improve Communication with Your Health Care Team
- Preparing for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Do you Have the Needed Technology: Working with Your Doctor’s Office to Set-Up Needed Technology Before Your Appointment
- Who to Include in These Appointments - Family Members, Partner, Long Distance Caregivers
- Determining Three Key Questions at the Start of Your Appointment with the Health Care Team
- Discussing Your Treatment Options, Side Effects/Pain Management & Clinical Trial Options
- How Your Other Chronic Illnesses May Impact Your Cancer Treatment: Reducing Harmful Drug Interactions
- Discussion of Adherence: Taking Your Treatment on Schedule
- Your Follow-Up Appointments, Care & Questions Between Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Who to Contact Evenings, Weekends & Holidays, with Their Contact Information
- Balancing Your Quality-of-Life with Your Health Care Needs
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Michael K. Wong, MD, PhD, FRCPC
Professor, Cutaneous Cancers, Medical Oncology, Executive Director, Integration and Program Development, Cancer Network, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Guadalupe R. Palos, DrPH, MSW, RN
Clinical Protocol Administration Manager, Office of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(77.7 KB)