Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- The Important Role of the Caregiver in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Taking on the Role of the Caregiver
- What Research Tells Us about Caregivers
- The Caregiver’s Role in Decision Making for a Loved One with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Challenges in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Challenges & Rewards of Caregiving
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Coping with Each Day, On Special Occasions & Birthdays
- Managing Family & Friends, in the Context of COVID-19
- Long-Distance Caregiving
- Self-Care Tips for Managing Stress of Caregiving
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center Nursing Department, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Survivorship & Community Engagement Coordinator, LUNGevity Foundation®
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork: Please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(147 KB)