Workshop Date and Time
Monday, September 27, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Fear of Recurrence
- Concerns that Cancer May Come Back
- Events that May Trigger Fear of Recurrence
- Living with Continuing Uncertainty
- Promoting Effective Health Care Communication
- Making Informed Treatment Choices
- Organizing Your Follow-Up Care
- Tips for Coping with Fear of Recurrence
- Balancing Reality with Stress Management Tips
- Using Mind Body Techniques to Cope with Fear of Recurrence
- How to Select the Mind Body Techniques that Are Best for You
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life & Lifestyles Concerns
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines for Preparing for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, List of Questions & OpenNotes Discussion
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Lidia Schapira, MD
Director Cancer Survivorship Program, Stanford Cancer Institute, Professor - University Medical Line, Medicine - Oncology, Member, Stanford Cancer Institute, Member, Maternal & Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI), Editor-in-Chief, Cancer.Net, American Society of Clinical Oncology
Julia Rowland, PhD, FAPOS
Senior Strategic Advisor, Smith Center for Healing and the Arts
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Karen Hurley, PhD
Psychologist – Hereditary Cancer Risk, Clinical Member, Cancer Prevention, Control & Population Research Program, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic
Hayley Dinerman, JD
Co-Founder and Executive Director, Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation®
Lauren Chatalian, MSW
Women & Children’s Program Manager, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(125 KB)