Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Lung Cancer & Current Standard of Care, in the Context of COVID-19
- The Role of Caregiving & the Caregiver’s Role in Decision-Making for a Loved One with Lung Cancer
- What Research Tells Us about Caregivers
- Challenges & Opportunities in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Coping with Special Occasions, Birthdays & Holidays
- Managing Family & Friends, in the Context of COVID-19
- Strategies for Adherence
- Coping with Co-Morbid Health Concerns
- Long-Distance Caregiving
- Self-Care Tips for Coping with Stress
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center Nursing Department , National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Katie Brown, OPN-CG, CCA
Vice President, Support & Survivorship Programs, LUNGevity Foundation
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(146 KB)