Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Definition of Genomics & Genomic Testing
- The Difference between Genomics & Genetics
- The Role of Genomic Testing in the Treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Specific Examples of How Genomic Testing May Inform Treatment Decisions
- Precision Medicine
- Current Research on Genomics
- Liquid Biopsies
- The Role of the Pathologist
- Reviewing Your Pathology Report with Your Pathologist & Health Care Team
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Genomic Testing & Its Benefits for Your Treatment
- Follow-Up Care
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth Appointments with Your Health Care Team, including Technology & Prepared List of Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Bob T. Li, MD, MPH
Medical Oncologist, Thoracic Oncology and Early Drug Development Service, Chief Scientific Officer, MSK Direct, Co-Director, Thoracic Liquid Biopsy Program, Physician Ambassador to China and Asia-Pacific; Bobst International Center; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Joshua K. Sabari, MD
Attending Physician, Thoracic Medical Oncology, Assistant Professor of Medicine, NYU Langone Health, Perlmutter Cancer Center
Katie Brown, OPN-CG, CCA
Vice President, Support & Survivorship Programs, LUNGevity Foundation
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(146 KB)