Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- How the Side Effects of Immunotherapy Differ from Chemotherapy Side Effects
- Review of Potential Side Effects with Guidelines for Follow-Up Care
- Managing Rash & Dry Skin
- Tips to Cope with Flu-Like Symptoms, including Fever
- Dealing with Fatigue
- Controlling Diarrhea
- Reporting Treatment Side Effects & Discomfort to the Health Care Team
- Tips to Manage Treatment Side Effects & Discomfort
- The Role of Activity/Exercise in Managing Treatment Side Effects
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth & Telemedicine
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Michael K. Wong, MD, PhD, FRCPC
Professor, Cutaneous Cancers, Medical Oncology, Executive Director, Integration and Program Development, Cancer Network; The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Mario E. Lacouture, MD
Director, Oncodermatology Program, Dermatology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Dermatology, Weill Cornell Medicine
Allison Betof Warner, MD, PhD
Assistant Attending Physician Melanoma Service Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(83.6 KB)