Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Head and Neck Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Staging and Diagnosing
- Key Questions in Making Treatment Decisions
- Surgical Interventions, including Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, in the Context of COVID-19
- New Chemotherapy Options
- Concurrent Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, in the Context of COVID-19
- The Role of Clinical Trials, in the Context of COVID-19
- Guidelines & Tips for the Care of Your Teeth, Gums & Mouth
- Speech and Swallowing Rehabilitation
- Managing Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort and Pain
- Nutritional Concerns & Tips
- The Importance of Communicating with Your Health Care Team: Key Questions to Ask about Your Quality-of-Life Concerns
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & Making Your List of Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Terry A. Day, MD
Wendy and Keith Wellin Endowed Chair in Head and Neck Surgery, Professor and Director, Division of Head & Neck Oncologic Surgery, Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs, Medical University of South Carolina, Hollings Cancer Center
Krzysztof Misiukiewicz, MD, MSCR
Associate Professor of Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology, Assistant Professor, Otolaryngology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, Mount Sinai Hospital
Douglas E. Peterson, DMD, PhD, FDS RCSEd
Professor of Oral Medicine, Department of Oral Health and Diagnostic Sciences, School of Dental Medicine, Chair, Program in Head & Neck Cancer and Oral Oncology, Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Connecticut Health Center
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Amanda Hollinger, MPA
Executive Director Head & Neck Cancer Alliance
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(128 KB)