Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Oral, Head & Neck Cancer, in the Context of COVID, Omicron & Seasonal Flu
- Staging & Diagnosing
- Surgical Interventions, including Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- New Chemotherapy Options
- Concurrent Chemotherapy & Radiotherapy
- Key Questions in Making Treatment Decisions
- How Research Increases Your Treatment Options
- The Role of Clinical Trials
- Managing Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Guidelines & Tips for the Care of Your Teeth, Gums & Mouth
- Speech & Swallowing Rehabilitation
- Nutritional Concerns & Tips
- The Importance of Communicating with Your Health Care Team: Key Questions to Ask about Your Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Terry A. Day, MD, FACS
Director, Head and Neck Oncology, Sarah Cannon National Group, Head & Neck Specialists, Sarah Cannon
Krzysztof Misiukiewicz, MD, MSCR
Associate Professor of Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Clinical Director of Research in Head and Neck, Clinical Director of the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapeutics (CPCT), The Tisch Cancer Institute, Chairman of the Oncology Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, now part of the Mt. Sinai Health System, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Amanda Hollinger, MPA
Executive Director, Head & Neck Cancer Alliance
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop