Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Bladder Cancer
- The Important Role of the Caregiver in Communicating with the Health Care Team, in the Context of COVID-19
- Helping to Manage Your Loved One’s Treatment, including Adherence & Follow-Up Care
- What Research Tells Us about Caregivers
- The Stresses, Challenges and Rewards of Caregiving
- Managing Family, Friends, Partners and Traditions, with Social Distancing
- Coping with Holidays, Birthdays, Anniversaries and Special Occasions, in the Context of COVID-19, Social Distancing & Wearing Masks
- Long Distance Caregivers
- The Increasing Role of Telemedicine/Telehealth Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for These Appointments to Increase Their Benefits, including Technology
- Key Questions to Ask Your Healthcare Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Self-Care and Stress Management Tips to Promote Caregiver Resilience
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Robert S. Svatek, MD, MSCI
Professor, Acting Chair, Department of Urology, Mays Cancer Center at UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center Nursing Department, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Education and Outreach Manager, Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN)
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(89.7 KB)