Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, November 5, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- The Important Role of the Caregiver with the Health Care Team
- Caring for Your Loved One with Metastatic Prostate Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Tips on Working with the Health Care Team to Manage Your Loved One’s Pain, Neuropathy and Discomfort
- Deciding to Become a Caregiver: The Unique Stresses and Rewards of Caregiving
- Stresses on Family, Friends and Loved Ones
- Long-Distance Caregiving
- Coping with Holidays, Birthdays & Special Occasions in the Context of COVID-19 with Social Distancing & Masks
- Managing Family, Friends, Partners and Traditions with Social Distancing
- The Increasing Role of Telemedicine/Telehealth Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for These Appointments to Increase Their Benefits
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Self-Care and Stress Management Tips to Promote Caregiver Resilience
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Susan Slovin, MD, PhD
Attending Physician, Genitourinary Oncology Service, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Diseases, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Weill College of Cornell University
Tamryn Gray, PhD, RN, MPH
Instructor in Medicine, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center Nursing Department, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(72.3 KB)