Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Important Role of the Caregiver in Communicating with the Health Care Team, in the Context of COVID-19
- What Research Tells Us about Caregivers
- Caregiving for the Person with Lung Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Helping to Manage Your Loved One’s Treatment
- The Role of Caregivers in Adherence
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Managing Family, Friends, Partners & Traditions, in the Context of COVID-19
- Coping with Holidays, Birthdays & Special Occasions, in the Context of COVID-19
- Coping with the Stress of Caregiving
- Self-Care Tips
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Erin E. Kent, PhD, MS
Associate Professor, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (UNC), Department of Health Policy and Management, Gillings School of Public Health, Full Member, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
Andrew Chow, MD, PhD
Medical Oncologist, Assistant Attending, Thoracic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center Nursing Department, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Katie Brown, OPN-CG, CCA
Vice President, Support & Survivorship Program, LUNGevity Foundation
Winfield Boerckel, MSW, MBA
Director Social Service – Long Island, Lung Cancer Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(136 KB)