Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Taking on the Role of Caregiving: Your Important Role in Decision Making
- What Research Tells Us about Caregivers
- Caregiving for Your Loved One with Metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- Guidelines for Social Distancing while Caregiving
- Challenges in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Coping with Each Day, On Special Occasions and Birthdays
- Managing Family and Friends, in the Context of COVID-19
- Long Distance Caregiving
- Self-Care Tips to Manage the Stress of Caregiving
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Elizabeth Jane Cathcart-Rake, MD
Staff Physician, Hematology/Oncology, Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute, Saint Luke’s Cancer Specialist in Breast Cancer
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center Nursing Department, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Hayley Dinerman, JD
Co-Founder and Executive Director, Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation®
Lauren Chatalian, MSW
Women and Children’s Program Manager, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(123 KB)