Workshop Date and Time
Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Definition of a Caregiver
- Caregiving & Social Distancing
- What Research Tells Us About: Caregiving for an Older Adult & Caregiving for a Younger Adult
- Talking with Each Other about Shared Expectations
- The Role of the Caregiver in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Care Coordination, Challenges & Tips
- Stresses on Family, Partners, Friends & Loved Ones
- Coping with Holidays, Birthdays & Special Occasions
- Managing Family, Friends, Partners & Traditions, in the Context of COVID-19
- Long-Distance Caregiving
- Practical Tips for Managing Caregivers’ Stress
- Key Strategies for Self-Care
- Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments to Decrease Your Exposure to COVID-19
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Tamryn Gray, PhD, RN, MPH
Instructor in Medicine, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Sharon Flynn, MS, RN, ANP-BC, AOCNS, BMTCN
Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center Nursing Department, National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Center
Alyson Erardy, MSW
Oncology Social Worker, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(70.8 KB)