Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, June 25, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Multiple Myeloma
- Caregiving & Social Distancing, in the Context of COVID-19
- Taking on the Role of Caregiving: Your Important Role in Decision Making
- Caring for Your Loved One with Multiple Myeloma
- Challenges in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Your Role in Adherence: Weekends, Holidays and Vacations
- Coping with Each Day, On Special Occasions, Anniversaries & Birthdays
- Managing Family, Friends & Traditions, in the Context of Social Distancing
- Long Distance Caregiving
- Self-Care Tips for Managing Stress
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Elizabeth K. O’Donnell, MD
Director, Lifestyle Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital, Associate Director, Mass General Cancer Center’s Survivorship Program, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Georgie Cusack, MS, RN, AOCNS
Director of Education and Patient Safety, Office of the Clinical Director, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Adjunct Nurse Leader, Nursing Research and Translational Science, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(77.8 KB)