Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Cancer Treatments
- Definition of Adherence: Taking Your Treatment on Schedule
- Its Important Role in Managing Cancer
- Barriers to Taking Your Treatment
- Practical Tips to Overcome These Barriers, including Travel, Cost, Family, Partners & Others
- Computer, Tablet & Phone Reminders, including Emails, Texts & Apps
- Planning Ahead: Lead Time in Arranging for Appointments, Refilling Prescriptions
- Weekends, Travel & Holidays
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Assistance with Adherence
- Reminders from Your Medical Team, Pharmacy & Pharmacist
- Clinical Trial Adherence
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Michael K. Wong, MD, PhD FRCPC
Professor of Medicine, Cutaneous Cancers, Medical Oncology, Executive Director, Integration and Program Development, Cancer Network, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Marlee Kiel, MSW
Oncology Social Worker, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program 4607.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(80.1 KB)