Workshop Date and Time
Monday, March 2, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Common Eye & Vision Changes Related to Cancer Treatments
- Cause & Risk Factors
- Discussion of Common Eye & Vision Changes
- Tips to Manage Dry Eyes, Watery Eyes, Itching Eyes, Blepharitis, Loss of Eyelashes, Floaters & Flashing Lights
- The Role of the Multidisciplinary Team
- Tips to Manage Low Vision
- How Eye Products Can Help You Manage Eye & Visions Changes
- Clinical Trials
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team
- Guidelines for Eye Examinations & Check-Ups
- Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Miguel A. Materin, MD
Professor of Ophthalmology, Professor of Radiation Oncology, Director, Ophthalmic Oncology, Duke University Eye Center
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Leeann Medina-Martinez, MSW
Oncology Social Worker, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare Inc. SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
For Nurses: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # CEP16521, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(79 KB)