Workshop Date and Time
Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Understanding Your Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment Options
- Clinical Trial Opportunities
- Factors that May Affect Treatment Planning
- How Your Health Care Team May Help You Address These Factors
- Participating in Decisions about Your Treatment Plans, Side Effect Prevention & Management
- The Role of Self-Advocacy in Your Oncology Care
- Shared Decision Making Across Cultures
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Michael D. Offin, MD
Thoracic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Stacy Stebler, MD, PHD
Clinical Director, Supportive Care Inpatient Services, Program Director, Palliative Medicine Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Guadalupe R. Palos, RN, MSW, DrPH
Clinical Protocol Administration Manager, Office of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(91.2 KB)