Workshop Date and Time
Monday, June 17, 2019, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Cancer & Co-Morbidities
- The Role of Caregivers in Care Coordination for People Living with Cancer & Co-Morbidities
- Tips for Communicating with the Health Care Team about Care Coordination
- Challenges of Coordinating Your Loved One’s Care & Follow-Up Appointments
- Adherence – Taking Pills on Schedule
- Lead time in Refilling Prescriptions & Planning for Visitors, Weekends, Special Occasions, Travel & Holidays
- Resources for the Costs of Care, including Homecare
- Finding the Practical Help You Need: Co-Pay Foundations & Federal, State & Local Programs
- Legal Advocacy Tips for Caregivers
- Learning How to Appeal Insurance, Medical, Medicaid & Provider Denials
- Other Resources, VA Benefits & Family Medical Leave Act/FMLA
- Tips on Choosing Community & Medical Resources to Improve Your Quality-of-Life
- Time Saving Self-Care/Self-Advocacy Tips for Caregivers
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Guadalupe R. Palos, RN, MSW, DrPH
Clinical Protocol Administrative Manager, Office of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Debra J. Wolf, Esq.
Senior Supervising Attorney, LegalHealth, New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG)
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(90.8 KB)