Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, December 13, 2018, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- What is Graft vs. Host Disease (GVHD) Post Allogeneic Stem Cell or Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Understanding How GVHD Develops, including Finding GVHD Early
- Common Signs and Symptoms of GVHD
- Types of GVHD: Chronic and Acute
- Current Standard of Care for Managing GVHD
- New and Promising Treatment Approaches for GVHD
- Clinical Trials: How Research Increases Treatment Options
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about GVHD
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Samer Al-Homsi, MD, MBA
Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine, NYU School of Medicine, Director, Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, NYU Langone Health
Yi-Bin Chen, MD, MS
Director, Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Cara J. Rogers Endowed Scholar, Massachusetts General Hospital, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Nandita Khera, MD, MPH
Consultant, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Associate Professor of Medicine, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(81.5 KB)