Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, November 8, 2018, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL), including Staging & CLL Prognostic Factors
- Understanding CLL Treatment Options
- Managing the Complications of CLL, including Infection, Anemia, Other Symptoms & Side Effects
- Fighting Flu & Colds
- The Role of Supportive Care in Managing Complications of CLL
- New & Emerging Treatment Approaches
- Dealing with CLL & Other Health Problems or Co-Morbidities
- The Role of Clinical Trials
- Communicating with your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Finding the Best Treatment Approach for You
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
John M. Pagel, MD, PhD, DSc
Chief of Hematologic Malignancies Program, Director, Stem Cell Transplantation, Swedish Cancer Center
Alexey V. Danilov, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine, Knight Cancer Institute, Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU)
Co-Founder and Executive Director, CLL Society Inc.
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(101 KB)