Workshop Date and Time
Friday, November 16, 2018, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of CAR-T Cell Therapy
- Understanding CARs – Chimeric Antigen Receptors
- When to Consider CAR-T Cell Therapy as a Treatment Option for Lymphoma
- Clinical Trials for CAR-T Cell Therapy
- Discussion of CAR-T Cell Therapy
- Managing Potential Treatment Side Effects
- Specific Examples of How CAR-T Cell Therapy May Contribute to Your Lymphoma Treatment Choices
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about CAR-T Cell Therapy
- The Benefits of CAR-T Cell Therapy
- Follow-Up Care: What to Expect
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Nancy Bartlett, MD
Koman Chair in Medical Oncology, Professor, Department of Medicine, Oncology Division/Medical Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
M. Lia Palomba, MD
Hematologist-Oncologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Joan and Sanford I. Weill Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Peggy Ann Torney
Chief Strategy, Communications and Engagement Officer, Lymphoma Research Foundation
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS, FAOSW
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour. Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(89.1 KB)