Workshop Date and Time
Thursday, June 14, 2018, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time Register Now
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- What is Graft vs. Host Disease (GVHD) Post Allogeneic Stem Cell or Bone Marrow Transplantation?
- Understanding How GVHD Develops, including Finding GVHD Early
- Common Signs and Symptoms of GVHD
- Types of GVHD: Chronic and Acute
- Current Standard of Care for Managing GVHD
- New and Promising Treatment Approaches for GVHD
- Clinical Trials: How Research Increases Treatment Options
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about GVHD
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Richard R. Maziarz, MD
Medical Director, Adult Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplant & Cellular Therapy Program, Professor of Medicine, Knight Cancer Institute, Oregon Health and Science University
Doris M. Ponce, MD
Assistant Attending, Adult Bone Marrow Transplant, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Carolyn Messner, DSW, OSW-C, FAPOS
Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop(81.2 KB)